Maintaining good posture, while working on the computer is difficult if your monitor is not set up ergonomically. Bad posture on the computer, often result in positions such as Forward Head Posture, Rounded Shoulders and/or Hunching Forward. This can eventually lead to neck and upper back pain as well as mal-posture complications.
In order to prevent these conditions, we recommend the following adjustments:
- Use a big screen monitor
- Make sure the distance of the monitor is not too far or too close, resulting inappropriate adjustments of the body.
- Font size should be big enough to be read comfortably while maintaining good posture.
- Brightness of screen needs to be adjusted for comfortable reading.
- External light sources should not be directed towards the screen (resulting in screen glare).
- If prescribed glasses, make sure to use them while working on the computer.
- The top of the monitor should be just under eye level. Therefore, you are looking at the center of monitor.
While working with computer and reading documents make sure to use a stand to keep the head and neck in proper position.